none
OneDrive App: Sharing from private account not possible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I hope i am in the right forum with my question.

We have a problem with the OneDrive App on iOS.

The app is deployed through Intune and has an app protection policy assigned. In the policy i defined, that sharing of company data is only allowed between managed apps. So far so good.

However, we have users that use O365 privately too with their own account and now they aren't able to share files from their private onedrive account to "non-managed" apps like WhatsApp. 

I thought app protection policies were connected with the company ID and not the app itself.

Does anyone know what could cause this or is this normal behaviour?

Thanks and best regards,

Lei.An

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my understanding, the data of personal account should not be protected by the Intune App Protection policy.

What's the exact behavior of the sharing files operation?

Did the user use the Sharing or Open-In button? 

Was the device MDM enrolled in Intune? If so, is there other policy which may block the sharing operation?

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

that was my understanding as well.

It doesn't matter if i mark the file and use the "share" button, or the "open in" button. It will only show other apps that are managed with app protection policies (e.g Teams, Outlook, OneNote) in the private account and the company account.

Whatsapp for example doesn't show up as an option for the private account.

The device is enrolled via Intune and Company Portal.

I've double checked the App Protection Policy and i think it looks good. It only restricts the sending, recieving and cut/copy/pasting of organisation data to policy managed apps. 

In the Profile Policy for iOS i am only enforcing a device pin and the Compliance Policy blocks jailbreak and devices with OS version older than speficied version.

Best regards,

Lei.An

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the detailed info.

Based on the introduce below, the policy should not apply when the app is in personal context.

If you open the doc file in word, can you share it correctly?

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:03 AM
  • Hi Andy,

i made a new word document and a new excel worksheet in my personal account and then tried to share them through word/excel directly (with link and send copy), but again it will only show managed apps like Teams, Outlook, OneDrive and OneNote.

Best Regards,

Lei.An

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:40 AM
  • Hello,

I'm not quite sure if there is different behavior between MAM without enrollment and MAM with enrollment enrollment.

I would like to create an online support ticket for taking a further investigation for this issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/fundamentals/get-support

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:46 AM