Zero Day Attack and Sync Corruption Issue on OneDrive for Business or OneDrive RRS feed

• Question

• First Question:

------------------

If a user has OneDrive for Business or OneDrive configured to sync his/her Document folder, and in the course of the day activates a zero day attack that encrypts all her local data, will ODFB/OneDrive sync the encrypted data and void all of his/her existing  OneDrive data.

If yes, would MS be able to go back to a point in time in his/her ODFB/ OneDrive and restore the data?

Second Question:

----------------------

If a user gets hit with a cryptolocker program and multiple files get locked (hundreds or thousands),  is there away to revert to the last version in bulk?

Or would they just have to revert to the last version as they were needing to access them?

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all, OneDrive is not an Office application, I'm not able to answer questions about it. You can post questions about OneDrive in this forum below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive

For OneDrive for Business, for the first question, I haven't got a chance to test it yet, but I believe probably the local data will sync to Office 365 or SharePoint Server 2013, depending on which you use with OneDrive for Business.

As for your second question, you seem to know the versioning:

How does versioning work in a list or library

It should be helpful to restore corrupted/damaged items. To revert to the last version in bulk, we can do little on the OneDrive for Business client, you should ask in the Office365 forum or SharePoint Server forum.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:44 AM