none
Downgrade from win 10 to a preinstalled windows 7. HELP

Question

• Hello,

SO after 10 months of windows 10, I can honestly say that this new OS despite being great, is bottlenecking my laptop.
    To start up my laptop, it will take 15 mins, after I have fixed all the problems that windows 10 has giving me.
    I have been ragging my heels to revert back to windows 7, as I really do love windows 10. but when i cannot run simple programs and despite have a 64bit program and laptop, I can only run 32 bit programs.

My laptop can pre-installed with win 7.
    I do not have the recovery option to revert back to windows 7 in the settings.
    I do not have a windows 7 disc to go back to.

Can someone please assist me in making sure I can go back, begrudgingly I might add, to windows 7, so I can at least open 2 tabs in my internet program. I cant even open google because it strains my laptop.

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• You may download Windows 7 from:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

But I would strongly recommend to resolve issue , instead of revert back.

Firstly, open Feedback App in Windows 10 and report all problems including the app which you have problem with. If feedback is already there, try vote for it.

Have you tried running app in compatibility mode?

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:37 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest that we could try Windows 10 app troubleshooter to check this problem.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/69e76f90-d54c-44cf-9851-c2d1542790db/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

In addition, if you really want to go back to Windows 7, you could refer to this article:

How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1:

http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:50 AM
  • After 30 days the only way to downgtade is to wipe and re-install win 7.  If your computer came with win 7 pre installed you need to go to the computer maker for the dvd.

You may simply be better off fixing the problems you are having with win 10

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:08 AM
  • Plenty of alternatives for getting installation media just google it heidoc.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:23 AM