Windows XP activated but says no RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP computer that has XP installed. This computer has been in storage for the last 6 years and just brought it out of storage. Before being put into storage this computer worked just fine with to hiccup's. Now for some reason after 6 years when I turn the computer on it says I have to activate windows and when I say yes/ok it goes to an internet screen that says windows XP has been activated hit OK to return to sign in screen, when I hit OK the screen disappears and signs me off the computer and back to the sing in screen and  does the same thing over and over again. How can I get around this or can I?  
    Sunday, October 23, 2016 6:58 PM

Answers

• Try this :

• Boot in safe mode
    • Login as administrator
    • Open a command prompt
    • Type these commands :

regsvr32 regwizc.dll
           regsvr32 licdll.dll
           rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk

Wait about 5 minutes the times it do it's job and restart your computer.

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:32 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to login in safe mode ?

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:15 PM
  • Try this :

• Boot in safe mode
    • Login as administrator
    • Open a command prompt
    • Type these commands :

regsvr32 regwizc.dll
           regsvr32 licdll.dll
           rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk

Wait about 5 minutes the times it do it's job and restart your computer.

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay

Sunday, October 23, 2016 7:32 PM