none
PS2013: Status updates pending approval but approver does not see them RRS feed

• Question

• we are using the task status update feature of PWA 2013.  Users submit status updates for tasks, the status manager approves them and publishes them, usually via rules, and they show up in the project plan -- most of the time.  Sometimes status updates are sent and the status manager never sees the submission and it is not in their approval history either.  This happens only a small percentage of the time, but it creates the perception that the system is unreliable. 

I queried the ProjectWebApp database to try to get to the bottom of this and I found 34 pub.[MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED] that have [ASSN_RESPONSE_PENDING] of 1 but do not have any pub.MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SUBMITTED entries.  They also have WASSN_SEND_UPDATE_NEEDED of 0 (exception for one of them). 

I have tried resubmitting use the user via PSI but it does not fix it. 

1) how can I fix this problem?

2) how can I prevent it from occurring again?

Monday, June 13, 2016 7:12 PM

All replies

• The response to this question is amazing <sarcasm>!

I found out that by disassembling the code and experimentation that the Status Broker permission is needed for the Team Members group.  This causes the assignment delegation to take place. 

Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:52 PM
  • Can you check if the Status Manager for the Resource for that task has been changed to a different Resource?

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:38 PM