none
Language\Localisation O365 RRS feed

• Question

• My Preview system is setup for English Uk, however I am noticing a smattering of non-English phraseology.

My Project Site Template is Lloc de Projecte which I presume is French and easily changed

I slightly more significant problem is I migrated a workflow from my on premise system to online. The same sharepoint designer 2013 application now presents the parameters available to the workflow in Spanish.

Example

Please review details for project [%Project Data:Nombre del proyecto%]  and approve or reject. Further information can be obtained from [%Project Data:Nombre del titular del proyecto%] at ....

This is all very exotic but what is causing it and how do I fix it?

rgds

Mike

Mike Mahoney

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:29 AM

Answers

• I had some offline discussion with Mike and also I reviewed the behavior  both for Project Online and for an on-premise and it appears we have a couple of bugs with language packs.  Firstly for Online - we show all available language Project Site templates when we should be filtering to just those for the language of the PWA instance - including any custom ones in that language.  If you select any custom ones in the same language as PWA then these work just fine - otherwise it defaults to the default in the PWA language (but will probably display Lloc de projecte - which happens to be top of the list).  Of course, you can then choose to display in any of the languages once it is created so nothing lost here - just confusing with all those site templates listed for the Enterprise Project Types.  For on-premise is will just show for the languages installed but the bug is basically the same.

Another issue I found while researching is that we allow you to choose a language when creating a new private site collection with PWA which may not work...  The full set of languages available for SharePoint Online is not supported in Project Online.  Of the ones I see in the current preview, which is an extended list based on the earlier preview, that will not work for Project are Basque, Catalan, Galician, Hindi and Thai.

I should also point out that most of what Mike was seeing was probably due to our upgrading of the available language options rather than the  bugs themselves - but it was good that his experience got me to look at that area and find these issues - so thanks Mike!.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we are already looking in to these bugs.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Friday, February 22, 2013 10:46 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Mike, I may need to take a look behind the scenes to see what caused this.  I'll need your Url, and if you prefer to share offline then drop me an e-mail at brian.smith@microsoft.com.  My French is just about good enough to know that isn't French - Bing Translator suggested Catalan for the word Lloc (site) - which is interesting as that isn't a supported language for Project - and Spanish for the other phrases.

I'll also see if I can find an answer for your workflow approval question - another interesting one.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:14 PM
    Owner
  • I had some offline discussion with Mike and also I reviewed the behavior  both for Project Online and for an on-premise and it appears we have a couple of bugs with language packs.  Firstly for Online - we show all available language Project Site templates when we should be filtering to just those for the language of the PWA instance - including any custom ones in that language.  If you select any custom ones in the same language as PWA then these work just fine - otherwise it defaults to the default in the PWA language (but will probably display Lloc de projecte - which happens to be top of the list).  Of course, you can then choose to display in any of the languages once it is created so nothing lost here - just confusing with all those site templates listed for the Enterprise Project Types.  For on-premise is will just show for the languages installed but the bug is basically the same.

Another issue I found while researching is that we allow you to choose a language when creating a new private site collection with PWA which may not work...  The full set of languages available for SharePoint Online is not supported in Project Online.  Of the ones I see in the current preview, which is an extended list based on the earlier preview, that will not work for Project are Basque, Catalan, Galician, Hindi and Thai.

I should also point out that most of what Mike was seeing was probably due to our upgrading of the available language options rather than the  bugs themselves - but it was good that his experience got me to look at that area and find these issues - so thanks Mike!.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we are already looking in to these bugs.

Best regards,

Brian.

Friday, February 22, 2013 10:46 PM
    Owner