Application Authentication Behavior RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to convert over a number of our IAG trunks to UAG.  On one of our portal trunks, we have exposed a SAP ITS (web-based) transaction.  The application is not SSO and the SAP system prompts for authentication after you launch the application.  The SSO boxes are not checked on the application.

If you launch the application after logging into the portal, all works as expected.  However, in the past we have provided a direct link to the application in the portal.  The strange behavior that I am seeing is that when you go to the direct URL for the application, the portal challenges for authentication as expected and then the SAP system challenges for authentication.  However, no matter what I type in the authentication challenge box, it will not accept it?  Finally after 3 attempts, the system gives up and I get an error message from the SAP system.  Which tells me I'm reaching the backend server.

What I can't figure out is what is the difference between launching the application from the portal and launching the application directly?

Monday, June 4, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• I still have not figured out why this application behaves as it does.  However, I used a custom authentication repository for this application and captured the userid/pwd on the frontend.  UAG responds correctly to the 401 challenge now.  Awesome!

Monday, June 4, 2012 8:11 PM