Word 2000 columns RRS feed

• Question

• From a Friend   What I am experiencing is an attempt to create a 2 column page.  After creating the heading as a single column,I start a new line and enter Format.  I choose the two column box and indicate that I want it to continue "from this point forward."  I type about 2 lines and it jumps to the other column and I have to go back into format and choose "from this point forward"  again because it has reverted back to "this section only."   And after completing a column, it goes to a new page instead of switching to the 2nd column for typing.   I have used this many times before and this is the first time I have encountered this.

chuck

Craig

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:32 PM

All replies

• I don't know exactly what is wrong, but it could be that you have a continuous section break immediately under the 2-section column. I think Word has difficulty trying to "balance the column length" in this situation.

If you click the Show/Hide button (the "Pilcrow" button to the left of the Zoom dropdown in the Standard menu) the section breaks should become visible and it may be easier to see what is going on. I would consider putting a next page section break at the bottom of my two-column section, then enter the text in the 2-column section, then insert a continuous break (if that's what's needed) when you're done. 

Peter Jamieson

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:23 PM