lync topology builder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have installed lync server standr edition successfully and now i have to add a monitoring server the problem is when i publish the topology it doesn't create the database and when i try to install it manually with install-CsDataBase he told me that i must install the monitoringstore  service locally because it's cohabite with another service.

Regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know why but maybe lync server standard editon don't create the database.

Because  after publishing the topology without creating the data base on the topology builder,  i have installed the monitoring server on the other VM dedicated for that and i find that lync installation program has created the data base.

regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    • Marked as answer by mohamedben Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:48 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:48 PM

All replies

•  

Are you trying to install the monitoring server on different server/VM to the standard edition?

Standard Edition and Monitoring cannot be colocated

What version of sql are you using to host the monitoring server databases?

thanks

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems Blog: Lync'd Up Blog
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Yes they are on different VM

sql server 2008 entreprise edition sp1;

Regards,

Mohamed.

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

this article shows the collocation posibilties - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412952.aspx , and you can have varient collocation senarios.

Best Regards

madushka - http://uctechi.blogspot.com/ | Live - madushka@live.com | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

I don't know why but maybe lync server standard editon don't create the database.

Because  after publishing the topology without creating the data base on the topology builder,  i have installed the monitoring server on the other VM dedicated for that and i find that lync installation program has created the data base.

regards,

Mohamed

Mohamed BEN CHAABENE
    • Marked as answer by mohamedben Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:48 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:48 PM