The app abilities RRS feed

• Question

• The first time I used the two step authentication for my email account.  I saw an indication on the app that there was a code to access.  Now, I don't see that little "1" on the app, it just says "accept."  The other issue is that the app is constantly moving numbers now, almost like "someone" is trying to access the code.  Is it normal to see the numbers continuously?  I thought that, perhaps, that is why the little message indicator isn't showing up now.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Marti,

There are multiple verification options with Azure Microsoft App, we can set the default verification option in this website https://myapps.microsoft.com. For example, we can set Use verification code from app as the default verification option, so when you are login your email account, you should type the code from the App. If you select Notify me through app, you will get the notification and let you select accept or refuse. So, we should check your default verification option.

“The other issue is that the app is constantly moving numbers now, almost like "someone" is trying to access the code.  Is it normal to see the numbers continuously?”

It is a by design behavior, we can see the numbers all the time.

If you have any questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here.

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason_ye Friday, May 26, 2017 2:25 AM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:52 AM