Skype for Business - keeping history on local Exchange or file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My organization uses Skype for business. Skype server is hosted at head office in another country.

Head office created for us AD / mailbox users which we use for logging on Skype for Business.

Now, we have our AD and our exchange 2013.

Problem is that we do not have history of conversation in Skype for Business.

Is it possible that the history of conversation keeps locally on our exchange server or some file??

Thank you in advance

Friday, October 21, 2016 8:16 AM

Answers

• Hi

in order for this to happen there needs to be a cross forest trust between your hq and your AD. Your user identities then need to be synchronised to your hq AD using something like forefront identity manager. Then these accounts should be enabled for Skype, instead of other account which I think you are using right now.

Skype in HQ will also need to know where your exchange is, so autodiscover records should be added and resolvable.

Once this is done you will effectively login to outlook / exchange and Skype using the same identity (matched by SID, not just username). Conversation history should then be saved to your exchange

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, October 21, 2016 3:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ljusto_struhar Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:06 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi

in order for this to happen there needs to be a cross forest trust between your hq and your AD. Your user identities then need to be synchronised to your hq AD using something like forefront identity manager. Then these accounts should be enabled for Skype, instead of other account which I think you are using right now.

Skype in HQ will also need to know where your exchange is, so autodiscover records should be added and resolvable.

Once this is done you will effectively login to outlook / exchange and Skype using the same identity (matched by SID, not just username). Conversation history should then be saved to your exchange

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, October 21, 2016 3:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ljusto_struhar Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:06 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Hi Ljusto_struhar,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Agree with Mark.

As a supplement, I will give the following troubleshooting steps:

1.If the issue appeared on the specific client, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again.

2.Please press Ctrl and right click SFB icon in the taskbar, open configuration information. On the open page check if EWS status and MAPI status are OK.

The following blog is for your reference

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/3121412

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 4:59 AM
  • yes, it's possible. There is a really good tool to keep tracking business chats and backup skype history. It's SkyHistory tool (https://skyhistory.scand.com/). You could apply the bookmark and track chats chronologically by the date and the name. The database could be exported to a stick, it's a nice way to use it as well. 
    Monday, February 6, 2017 8:57 AM