none
Add the Resource Rate to an Assignment view in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot insert the Resource Rate into an assignment view I have tried the steps outlined below and thus far no luck.

• Created a custom field and assigned it a formula to make it equal the Standard Rate
    • Indicated that we want the field to rolled down to the assignment level
    • Opened a project with some resource assignments that had resource rates and published it
    • In Project Professional Checked assignment level table and was able to insert the custom field and the Standard Rate value showed up
    • In Server Settings attempted to add the custom field containing the Standard Rate value to an Assignment level view and the custom field did not show up?

Thanks!

Nico Janssen

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:30 PM

All replies

• Nico,

Could you please specify which view you are trying to modify?  Are you looking for Assignment Summary view?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:25 PM
  • Hrishi,

It is a custom view at the assignment level.

Thanks!

Nico

Nico Janssen

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:55 AM
  • This is by design.

Resource formula custom fields are only updated in Project Professional. Changes made in Project Web App or external systems will not cause formulas for resource custom fields to be recalculated.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:43 AM
  • Nico,

It looks like you round tripped the data through Project Pro and the assignment level fields aren't showing up.

First, what release level are you on?

Second, do you see the data in the Reporting database? MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView specificially.

Thanks!

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:12 AM
  • Is there a Microsoft document somewhere that states that this is done by design?

We are not expecting the formulas to be recalculated by PWA or any other external system. I can see that the formula works in Project Professional on the desktop but the field does not appear as a choice when trying to modify an assignment level view:

Nico Janssen

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:09 PM
  • 1) Not sure what release level and don't know how to check

2) The field exists in the MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView

Nico Janssen

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:00 PM
  • There's probably not a document.  The main question would be "what rate?"
     There could be up to 5 rates assigned to a task - each one set to different
    rates by date.  When you look at how complex that could get, you could see
    why MSFT may not have wanted to tackle the issue.

Easiest solution would be to write a little VBA to somehow figure out the
    active rate per assignment and then drop it into a custom field.  Then expose
    the custom field in the view.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Friday, August 31, 2012 2:19 AM
  • All I am looking for is the first instance of the Standard Rate field and the custom field I created does show up in Project Professional but is not available for adding to an assignment field in PWA.

I will attempt to create a custom field, add it to an assignment view and execute some VBA code in project professional to copy the Standard Rate into the custom field and check to see if the values appear in PWA.

Stay tuned as I will not do this until Tuesday!

Nico Janssen

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:39 PM