ProClarity Professional Cannot Connect to Analysis Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using SQL 2000 and ProClarity 6.1 version. PAS is installed separately from the SQL Server.

Domain users are configured to have Web Professional. They can access the views thru Standard. However, if they try and launch Professional by clicking on any of the views, it shows this error.

If the user is part of the domain administrator group, this error is not shown and Professional works fine.

What could be causing this error on normal domain users? Which security setting should be changed?

Thanks a lot for your help. Appreciate it.

Cheers,

Wally

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:15 AM

Answers

•  

Wally,

The first place I would look is SSAS.  Try creating a role for your user group and grant them read access to the cube in question and then open PDP and try to open the cube directly from the server.

One issue we had was that the views were created by referencing the cube server by IP and we had to switch it to the actual computer name.  I would try that next if the addition of the role at the cube level fails.

Scott

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:12 PM

All replies

•  

Wally,

The first place I would look is SSAS.  Try creating a role for your user group and grant them read access to the cube in question and then open PDP and try to open the cube directly from the server.

One issue we had was that the views were created by referencing the cube server by IP and we had to switch it to the actual computer name.  I would try that next if the addition of the role at the cube level fails.

Scott

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Thanks Scott.

The strange thing is, the "Domain Users" group is added to the role that has access to all cubes. But when I added the actual domain user to the role (domain\username), the user can use the Professional from his workstation.

Not too sure why it's not working if it's only "Domain Users" added into the role.

Anyway, will monitor this and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Wally

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:07 AM