Architecture Mismatch error with MS Access ODBC RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run a Microsoft Access application which is a front end to SQL Server on a new Windows 7 Professional computer.  I can open the application but it's read only and I am getting a bunch of errors about saving tables, etc.  When I try to check on the ODBC connectivity, I am getting an "architecture mismatch" error.  I saw some other advice about c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe, but that file is not there.  I also tried another suggestion about setting Allow on in the Properties/Security tab for Data Sources under the control panel.  That didn't work either. Am I going to be able to use this older application that front ends SQL Server with MS Access 2010 and Windows 7?  Is there a way to get the ODBC drivers?  Can MS Access 2010 be downgraded?
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Melissa Shambilin,

Thanks for the post!

Please refer to this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/thread/0736e2fd-d70b-4bd6-be12-234e227a5370

Try the latest version of Microsoft Visual FoxPro to check if it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:01 AM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 5:43 AM