pfdavadmin output and outlook mystery RRS feed

• Question

• I ran pfdavadmin on our exchange 2003 server which I thought was just listing delgate permissions.

One user in my team ( RF) appeared to share inbox access to another 5 users. And these 5 users could open her inbox in outlook 2003 (file>open>other users folder).

These permissions are no longer appropriate. However when RF goes into delegates in outlook 2003 (tools>options>delegates), it doesnt list any entries? Why not? How can she remove this delegate access?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

• 1. If the she can't remove the permissions then you can try by using pfdavadmin and connecting to her mailbox and looking at the permissions.

2. Also, as a check, make sure these 5 users dont have full mailbox access to her mailbox.  Check her account in AD and look at the mailbox right permission, make sure none of these users or a group that these users belong to have full mailbox access.

Sukh
    • Marked as answer by cf090 Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

She should be able to remove the users from the inox permissions tab - rightclick on inbox, select properties and the permissions tab.

Leif

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:46 AM
  • 1. If the she can't remove the permissions then you can try by using pfdavadmin and connecting to her mailbox and looking at the permissions.

2. Also, as a check, make sure these 5 users dont have full mailbox access to her mailbox.  Check her account in AD and look at the mailbox right permission, make sure none of these users or a group that these users belong to have full mailbox access.

Sukh
    • Marked as answer by cf090 Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Hi cf090,

Any updates?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:11 AM