none
Unable to approve or deny SharePoint access request

Question

• Hello,

we have a user who requested access to our root site collection contoso.sharepoint.com. I guess he wanted to request access to our master page.
    Unfortunately, in the access requests page (pendingreq.aspx) of the root site, I`m unable to approve or deny his request. I can click either button but get an error message saying something like "unable to approve/deny the request" (sorry, we use a different language). I know that this user was once completely removed from our SharePoint Online / Office 365 tenant. I suspect it`s an outdated entry / cache problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:41 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your help.

There was no correlation ID. However, I managed to solve the issue by having the external user, that had previously been removed, re-register with our tenant by requesting access to the same resource again.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Was there any correlation id displayed in the error message? If yes, please provide the correlation id and I can help check the detailed error message.

You can also use fiddler to track the request when clicking approve or deny to see what error is returned in the response.
    Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:18 AM
  • Thanks for your help.

There was no correlation ID. However, I managed to solve the issue by having the external user, that had previously been removed, re-register with our tenant by requesting access to the same resource again.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:11 AM