Make calls in outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to make telephone calls within outlook 2016 using contacts and a modem connected to the telephone line with a headset?

I am based in the UK.

Thanks

Allan 

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research, in Outlook client, you can call your contacts via Skype or Teams:

1. Double click a contact card.
    2. Click More > Call...

However, if you'd like to make telephone calls within Outlook client, I'm afraid there is not a build-in way to achieve it. You can refer to the suggestion of Diane in this thread.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:06 AM
  • Hi Allan,

No It is not possible to make calls directly using  outlook 2016 unless you use Skype for business or Webex or Teams or any other 3rd party Plugins.

Kindly mark the replies as answers if that helped.. Thanks

Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 9:39 AM