local access proxy server RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying complete this  Test-CsFederatedPartner -TargetFqdn accessproxy.litwareinc.com -Domain fabrikam.com

I am new to this company, and still in the learning curve of SfB. How do I determine what my -TargetFqdn  is?

The tech article says"The command shown in Example 1 verifies the connection between the local access proxy server (accessproxy.litwareinc.com) and the federated domain Fabrikam.com. Note that TargetFqdn must point to the internal edge of the proxy server to which federated SIP traffic is directed."

What command do I run to show my Local access proxy server?

Friday, October 21, 2016 12:20 PM

Answers

• So I was able to find out that,

1. You need to run SfB Management shell I elevated mode

2. The address is the Edge Pool address

• Marked as answer by Mprisco10 Friday, October 21, 2016 8:01 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Mprisco,

You can find this in the Skype for Business Topology Builder.

This is assigned to the Edge Server role under external settings > Access Edge Service.

You can also query external dns using nslookup from cmd

nslookup

set type=srv

_sipfederationtls._tcp.domain.com

the svr hostname should be your access edge as well if you have a single sip domain deployment.

thanks

martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:18 PM
  • The Test is between your domain and the federated domain , so Proxy address would  be your access edge server address ( Usually sip.domain.com) 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:22 PM
  • So I was able to find out that,

1. You need to run SfB Management shell I elevated mode

2. The address is the Edge Pool address

• Marked as answer by Mprisco10 Friday, October 21, 2016 8:01 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:01 PM