Creating New Skype Meeting - Skype for Business Online with On-Premises Exchange Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Just wondering if any one has been in the same situation where a user has an on-premise Exchange 2016 email account (not hybrid) and a Skype for Business Online PSTN conferencing account?

When in Outlook when the user clicks on New Skype Meeting it uses the on premises Lync conference details. We want to use the conferencing number and URL set in Skype for Business Online. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Monday, August 6, 2018 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hello

I found the answer to the issue.

In case anybody gets the same issue.  The SIP address within the Exchange attributes for the users needed updating to reflect the SfB Online SIP domain address.  Ours was different on-prem before moving to SfB Online.

Once updated remember to update the GAL and force the download of the OAB or wait for 24 hours.  You will see the change in the properties of the email account changed.

• Marked as answer by Clarkeyi Friday, August 10, 2018 12:01 PM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume that you have Skype for Business on-premise and online hybrid environment. Based on my experience, if the user is homed online, and have the audio conference license, they can start scheduling meetings and have their call-in information automatically added.

You may review your online audio conference configuration.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/audio-conferencing-in-office-365/set-up-audio-conferencing

Regards,

Shaw

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:55 AM
  • Hi, 

If there is any update on this case, feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Friday, August 10, 2018 2:54 AM
  • Hello

I found the answer to the issue.

In case anybody gets the same issue.  The SIP address within the Exchange attributes for the users needed updating to reflect the SfB Online SIP domain address.  Ours was different on-prem before moving to SfB Online.

Once updated remember to update the GAL and force the download of the OAB or wait for 24 hours.  You will see the change in the properties of the email account changed.

• Marked as answer by Clarkeyi Friday, August 10, 2018 12:01 PM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks very much for your reply and sharing.

Regards,

Shaw

Monday, August 13, 2018 1:24 AM