Problems impersanationg RRS feed

• Question

• We are writing a inhouse script and need impersanating to work. I added the correct permissions so I think in order for this to happen but keep getting::

The
    server to which the application is connected cannot impersonate the requested
    user due to insufficient permission

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Monday, January 7, 2013 9:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Run both these commands:

Get-ClientAccessServer | Add-ADPermission -User domain\user -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-Impersonation

AND
    Get-Mailboxdatabase | Add-ADPermission -User domain\user -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

(I assume now that you are on Exchange 2007 and not 2010)

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by uk2us88 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:12 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:12 PM

All replies

• I think I need to add this::

Add-ADPermission -Identity (get-mailboxdatabase).DistinguishedName -User user1 -extendedRight ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

however we have multiple mailbox db how to say which one gets used?

mailbox1
    mailbox2
    mailbox3

etc, etc.

Monday, January 7, 2013 9:26 PM
  • Hi,

You can run the following cmdlet: Here you have domain\user has impersonation to all CAS and that will fix the issue

Get-ClientAccessServer | Add-ADPermission -User domain\user -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-Impersonation

This can add permission to all CAS Servers

Regards from ExchangeOnline Windows Administrator's Area

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:59 AM
  • Hi uk2us88

Did you try the command from ManU

Also, this Blog might help as well

http://blogs.technet.com/b/caseys/archive/2008/03/12/the-server-to-which-the-application-is-connected-cannot-impersonate-the-requested-user-due-to-insufficient-permission.aspx

It said: "This error lets you know that you lack permissions to impersonate the user. The Active Directory user used to perform the migration must have the permission to impersonate the users to inject mail into their mailboxes. "

Try the command on that blog

Hope it helps

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:26 AM
  • Yes I have ran the above command and is set. Its a calendar entry program that is being customized for conference rooms etc.

My developer also gave me this error:

The server to which the application is connected cannot impersonate the requested user due to insufficient permission.

We currently have two exchange servers. I am under the impression the above command does both servers?

• Edited by uk2us88 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Hi,
    Run both these commands:

AND
    Get-Mailboxdatabase | Add-ADPermission -User domain\user -ExtendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-May-Impersonate

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by uk2us88 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:12 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:12 PM
  • Hi,
    Run both these commands:

AND

Martina Miskovic

This fixed our initial error thanks for that....

Now we have Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.AutodiscoverLocalException: The Autodiscover service couldn't be located??

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:50 PM

• This fixed our initial error thanks for that....

Now we have Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.AutodiscoverLocalException: The Autodiscover service couldn't be located??

Glad to hear that!

For your other question, I would recommend you to post in the Development Forum (with a lot more information of course :)
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdevelopmentlegacy/threads

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:05 PM