Mediation Server Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is my first set up of a mediation server and I know I'm doing something wrong.  I'm getting the error below every time I try to place a call from the communicator to an extension on the PBX.  Does anyone know of any good sites that explains how to set up routes, dial plans etc that can maybe help me or can anyone suggest anything?  I think I have done everything right however I'm the only person in my company that has done anything on OCS and I had no phone background before doing the course last year (haven't even passed the exam yet).  Kind of been thrown in the deep end!

I'm using OCS 2007 R2.  Mediation server can ping the gateway and vice versa (not sure how to test it can see it without making a phone call though).  I do have a call raised with Microsoft but they said they can take 8 hours to get back to me so thought I would quickly ask here.

Thanks

A SIP request made by Communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef0194). More information is contained in the following technical data:

RequestUri: sip:7012097;phone-context=site@domain.com;user=phone
    To:   sip:7012097;phone-context=site@domain.com;user=phone;tag=F43C522D0F29AD9FA78433144DC0B8C9
    Call-ID:  e7299a4a43074a2e9221ea20c1f94d24
    Content-type: application/sdp;call-type=audiovideo

(null)

Response Data:

404 No matching rule has been found in the dial plan for the called number. 
    ms-diagnostics: 14006;reason="Unable to find a potentially matching regex";source="CDU-DUN-OCS1.domain.com";CalledNumber="7012097";ProfileName="site";appName="TranslationService"

Resolution:
     If this error continues to occur, please contact your network administrator. The network administrator can use a tool like winerror.exe from the Windows Resource Kit or lcserror.exe from the Office Communications Server Resource Kit in order to interpret any error codes listed above.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:54 AM

All replies

• hi,

do you have a location profile setup? There should be set of rules how to translate the entered number in the MOCR2.

if not, for your test call you can set the rule:

^(\d+)$, which translates to $1, and assign this location profile to your test user.

Furthermore, your mediation server needs to be setup with IP-PBX that would accept the traffic from the mediation server, it that in place? what PBX are you using?

Also, there should be at least 1 pstn usage record, which is associated with at least 1 route.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:57 AM