MsConfig selective startup RRS feed

• Question

• Is this normal?
    Windows 7 -> msconfig -> General -> Selective startup -> Greyed out: "Use original boot configuration"
    And why can't I change it?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 7:37 PM

Answers

• yes, its normal

It supposed to be by design to avoid that we accidently choose the wrong setting and cause unbootable windows. That's my opinion 

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, March 24, 2014 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with britishdhez, it's a normal setting, "Use Original Boot Configuration" tells the system to process the original boot configuration on startup instead of one you've created by modifying the boot settings with the System Configuration utility. It stays selected unless you made some changes such as you have changed the basic boot.ini file. 

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:33 AM

All replies

• yes, its normal

It supposed to be by design to avoid that we accidently choose the wrong setting and cause unbootable windows. That's my opinion 

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with britishdhez, it's a normal setting, "Use Original Boot Configuration" tells the system to process the original boot configuration on startup instead of one you've created by modifying the boot settings with the System Configuration utility. It stays selected unless you made some changes such as you have changed the basic boot.ini file. 

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:33 AM