SharePoint Email Going Directly To Junk-Email RRS feed

• Question

• I created this work flow that sends email to anyone they input as Manager. But, the email sent is going to Junk-Email folder of Outlook.

For Reference:

Outlook: 2010
    SharePoint: 2007
    Workflow: Nitex

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:51 PM

Answers

• So what happens if you add the sender to that person's "Safe Senders" list?

If you look at the headers of the e-mail do you see one of Exchange's SCL headers? If so, what's the value?

If you don't see the SCL header, or the value of the header is "-1", then your problem likes exclusively within Outlook and you should ask your question in an Outlook forum.

You can just turn off Outlook's Junk E-mail filtering altogether if you think that's the only way to deal with the problem.

Or you could have SharePoint "do the right thing" and use an authenticated SMTP session instead of the anonymous session it's using now. If you can't figure out how to do that you can post your question in a SharePoint forum. Authenticated senders bypass Exchange anti-spam filters, and they should also cause Outlook to treat the message as if it were trusted.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:38 PM

All replies

• Thanks for sharing.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, November 25, 2013 7:36 PM
  • So what happens if you add the sender to that person's "Safe Senders" list?

If you look at the headers of the e-mail do you see one of Exchange's SCL headers? If so, what's the value?

If you don't see the SCL header, or the value of the header is "-1", then your problem likes exclusively within Outlook and you should ask your question in an Outlook forum.

You can just turn off Outlook's Junk E-mail filtering altogether if you think that's the only way to deal with the problem.

Or you could have SharePoint "do the right thing" and use an authenticated SMTP session instead of the anonymous session it's using now. If you can't figure out how to do that you can post your question in a SharePoint forum. Authenticated senders bypass Exchange anti-spam filters, and they should also cause Outlook to treat the message as if it were trusted.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Monday, November 25, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Hi,

In order to understand more about the issue, I’d like to confirm the following information:

1. What kind of account do you use to send the email?
    2. What’s the version of Exchange server?
    3. Change another recipient and check if the issue still exist.

Thanks,

Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:35 AM