no Authorization Policies RRS feed

• Question

• I am following the document of "Setting up Virtual Private Network Enforcement for Network Access Protection in a Test Lab" to set up a test environment. When I tried to configure the compliant authorization policy, I couldn't find the "Authorization Policies" under the "Network Access Protection" tree.

Also, when I tried to register the NPS server to the Active Directory in order to authenticate users, it gives me an error:

The entry point EstablishComputerAsDomainRasServer in MPRAPI.DLL could not be found.

I have added the computer to the "RAS and IAS Servers" group in AD. The Longhorn version I am testing is build 5600. Does anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, November 7, 2006 8:24 PM

Answers

• Perhaps the document you have is out of date. Authorization Policies were renamed to Network Policies and should be at the same level as Network Access Protection in the UI, not under it.

Thursday, November 9, 2006 6:11 PM

All replies

• I resolved the second issue, i.e. register the NPS to AD for IAS. It was the permission of the logged-on user that I used.

But I still don't see Authorization Policies from the NPS console.
    Tuesday, November 7, 2006 10:32 PM
  • Perhaps the document you have is out of date. Authorization Policies were renamed to Network Policies and should be at the same level as Network Access Protection in the UI, not under it.

Thursday, November 9, 2006 6:11 PM