Skype Room System - Microsoft Teams Room MTR SRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are looking to deploy Skype Room System / Microsoft Teams Room in our offices.

Currently we use the CreateMediaSRS.ps1 script which works fine. This pulls down the latest SRSDeploymentKit-4.0.85.0.msi to create the installation files and does so without any issues.

My only annoyance is that it pulls down Surfaace Pro drivers and Windows cumulative updates that are old. The drivers and updates are pulled down from a set URL in the config.json file within the SRSDeploymentKit-4.0.85.0.msi. 

Is there a simple way to update the config.json file within the msi? Extracting the msi before hand and updating the config.jso just gets over write when the CreateMediaSRS.ps1 is run as its always extracts the files within the SRSDeploymentKit-4.0.85.0.msi.

I have added a script to install the newer drivers and cumulative updates (for 1803) but this just increases the time of installation. 

Any tips would be appreciated.

Paddy

Monday, May 6, 2019 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Paddy,

I did many researches about this issue, however, I did not find a way to update the config,json file. Based on my research, until April 15th, 4.0.85.0 is available to 100% of devices.

For this issue, I suggest you could give a feedback in the announcement: It's here - Microsoft Teams Rooms Update 4.0.85.0 is live! 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:36 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hi Paddy,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Hi Paddy,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:25 AM