none
Unable to create recovery point after consistency check RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I get the following error when I try to create a recovery point:

"Creating recovery point for E:\ failed:
    Error 208: No recovery point was created, either because synchronization has not occurred since the last recovery point was created, or because no changes were found during synchronization.
    Recommended action: If synchronization has not occurred since the last recovery point was created, you can synchronize the replica with the protected data on the protected computer and then create a recovery point. For more information, see "How to synchronize a replica" and "How to create a recovery point" in DPM Help"

Can anyone please help?

Preethi Nair

Preethi Nair

Monday, July 20, 2015 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Select the option to "create a recovery point after synchronizing" and see if any new data comes over.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:33 AM
  • Hello,

The option of  "create a recovery point after synchronizing", is greyed out. And, when I click the option "create a recovery point without synchronizing", it fails

Preethi

Preethi Nair

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:37 AM
  • Hello,

Can anyone please help?

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi Nair

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please select the create recovery point option to "only synchronize" - and once that is complete, try creating a recovery point without synchronizing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:27 PM
  • Hello,

The option of "only synchronize" is also greyed out.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi Nair

Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:56 AM
  • I'm experiencing this same issue. It's only happening on one server in the protection group. Removing the server from the protection group and re-adding it also has not worked.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:51 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue you are. Both the "Create a recovery point after synchronizing" and "Only synchronize". I am trying to run Windows Updates to see if that fixes the issues, as I have had issues in the past that were fixed by updating. I will let you know how it goes.

Edit: After updating everything through Windows update, including the protected server, the DPM server, and the protection agent version, there is no change. I am still unable to reliably back up this server.

• Edited by Lee Goolsby Friday, August 28, 2015 3:32 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 3:08 PM
  • I am also having the same issue, did you got it fixed?
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:57 PM
  • Hi,

on the Protected Server - do you have Windows DeduPlication enabled?

regards

/bkpfast

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

Monday, October 9, 2017 12:07 PM
  • I am experiencing this same issue. In my case the folder being backed up part of a DFSR replicated folder. 

Windows DeDuplication is not enabled on this server. 

Assistance or advise is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:23 AM
  • I'm experiencing this EXACT issue - With no posts on here for months can anyone update on what they did to fix this?
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:40 PM
  • hello,

same here, Windows 2016 Fileserver, NTFS with dedub.

DPM 2019 (Version: 10.19.58.0)

need help.

regards

Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:27 AM