none
Deleted Resources Reappear after AD Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Having an issue with resources deleted from the enterprise resource pool showing up again the next day as active resources. These resources have no assignments, are not in any resource plan, and need to be deleted as they are no longer needed. The resources delete ok with no errors and when the ERP is checked, they are gone. However, the next day they show up again. Running some tests, it looks like the resources are being reactivated after resource AD sync runs. I thoought the resource sync only reactivates resources if inactive. However, what I am seeing is the resource being reactivated as an active resource even after being deleted. What am I missing and is there some switch that needs to be thrown to make a resource deletion permenant?

Anyone else run across this?

Rick Frisby

Friday, December 12, 2014 6:34 PM

Answers

• Rick,

AFAIK, this is by design. I think you will also need to disable him from AD.

User exists in Active Directory and is a member of the Active Directory group mapped to the Enterprise Resource Pool. The user does not exist in Project Server

A new Project Server resource is created for this user.

NoteNote:
    A Project Server User Account is not created based on this synchronization. The Active Directory user needs to be added to a Project Server security group to create a user account. For more information, seeBest practices to configure Active Directory groups for Enterprise Resource Pool synchronization in Project Server 2013.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985(v=office.15).aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by Rick VF Friday, December 12, 2014 7:08 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 6:49 PM

All replies

• Rick,

AFAIK, this is by design. I think you will also need to disable him from AD.

User exists in Active Directory and is a member of the Active Directory group mapped to the Enterprise Resource Pool. The user does not exist in Project Server

A new Project Server resource is created for this user.

NoteNote:
    A Project Server User Account is not created based on this synchronization. The Active Directory user needs to be added to a Project Server security group to create a user account. For more information, seeBest practices to configure Active Directory groups for Enterprise Resource Pool synchronization in Project Server 2013.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982985(v=office.15).aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by Rick VF Friday, December 12, 2014 7:08 PM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 6:49 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna. After I asked the question I was thinking maybe it had somethng to do with the user group itself. Looks like I need to go purge the AD user group of these resources. Thanks again for the response. Very helpful :) 

Rick Frisby

Friday, December 12, 2014 7:08 PM