Mailto link with outlook mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Consider an email with a link which opens up a new email. Following is the simple html code behind the link.

<a href="mailto:someone@example.com?subject=Suggestions&body=name:%0D%0Aemail:">test</a>

If you click on the test link on Outlook 365 desktop app or on 365 website using any browser, you can see a line break between "name:" and "email:".

However if you click on the same link on your outlook mobile app (i tried with android and apple) you don't see a line break.

if you add a "<br>" instead of "%0D%0A" you can see a line break in the outlook mobile app but then you see the "<br>" as part of your text in outlook 365 desktop app or 365 website.

Note, if you click on the same link on your mobile by logging into 365 website using a browser, you can see a line break even with "%0D%0A".

Friday, November 29, 2019 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

I compared this behavior between web mail, Outlook desktop client and Outlook mobile app and reproduced. When clicking on the Mailto link, there is no line break between "name" and "email".

I searched a lot but haven't seen an official article which explains this in detail. However, as we can reproduce this on both sides, I'm afraid this is by design.

I'd like to recommend you post your feedback to Outlook for Android/iOS UserVoice forum. Our developers will review your feedback.What’s more, if an idea is highly voted there by other customers, Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, December 2, 2019 1:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:47 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Just check if there are anything else I can do for you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Request/Expectation]

====================

Click on Mailto link in Outlook app for mobile and no space between content.

[Suggestions]

====================

Reproduced on my side. As we can reproduce this on both sides, I'm afraid this is by design.

[Reference Links]

====================

https://outlook.uservoice.com/

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:00 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 8:00 AM