none
Bug in ZTIGather in 8443? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

Went for an update today to the latest MDT build 8443 for the Windows Server 2016 support, and it looks like the gather step has started acting strangely.  I deploy my sequences using customsettings to define the properties for each TS, and post update that functionality has stopped working.  Example :

[Settings]
    Priority=DefaultGateway, TaskSequenceID, Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

;##################################
    ;   Windows 10 Enterprise 

[B001]
    _SMSTSORGNAME=omitted
    ;ProductKey=omitted
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    AdminPassword=omitted
    ApplyGPOPack=NO
    SkipComputerName=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipApplications=YES
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipRoles=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipFinalSummary=YES

All of my task sequences are now asking for product key, roles and features, applications, bitlocker, and userdata.  The bootstrap.ini file does look like it's processing, but any of my predefined Skip properties in customsettings look like they're no longer skipping.  Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks everyone.

Ryan

• Edited by MrBrooks Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:32 PM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:31 PM

All replies

• Also adding this was required -

Locate Line 51:

if oProperties("DeploymentType") = "UPGRADE" then

Change to:

if Property("DeploymentType") = "UPGRADE" then

From this post - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5bba8ffb-227d-40f6-b074-5817fafe3ae8/mdt2013-update-2-invalid-deploymenttype?forum=mdt

To even be able to deploy an OS, task sequences were erroring out with invalid deployment type.  I guess I can't complain too much for free software.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:45 PM
  • Adding more information - the only thing I can see from ZTIGather is it goes through DefaultGateway, doesn't find a match, Goes through TaskSequenceID -- gathers nothing, then goes to Default and only processes based on default rules in customsettings.ini.  

In my customsettings file, you can see each section defined as [TasksequenceID], with the details below each.  IE: 

;   Windows 10 Enterprise 

[B001]
    _SMSTSORGNAME=omitted

The task sequence ID definitely matches the one I'm selecting, and the rules file seems ok otherwise in the Default section.  Anyone that's run into this it would be greatly appreciated to get some input.  Thanks.

Ryan

Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:24 AM