Aero shuts down! RRS feed

• Question

• i have a problem with my vista aero, on home premium. computer is hp 6730s! the thing is that when i start windows and everything loads up aero shuts down, then i have to start it manually and then it works OK!my drivers and windows are up-to-date. Anyone has an idea what is wrong? Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:25 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Ivan, you can check if themes service is set to automatic:

1.       Type services.msc in Start Search and press Enter.

2.       Locate "Themes" and double click on it.

3.       Make sure Start type is "Automatic" and Service status is "Started".

4.       Press OK.

Then restart the computer and check the result.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:21 AM
  • My guess is that something that is not Aero compatiable is launching when your profile loads. When a program like this loads, Aero will drop back to Vista basic scheme. My guess would be that this progam is quietly crashing, which would explain why the theme isn't changing back and you are able to turn Aero back on.

I would suggest taking a close look at what runs on startup using either Software Explorer or msconfig.exe (enter into Start menu search, press enter). Start by selectively turning off things that your not sure of until you find the culprit. If your not sure what something is, search for it online first before disabling it.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:24 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ivan, you can check if themes service is set to automatic:

1.       Type services.msc in Start Search and press Enter.

2.       Locate "Themes" and double click on it.

3.       Make sure Start type is "Automatic" and Service status is "Started".

4.       Press OK.

Then restart the computer and check the result.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:21 AM
  • My guess is that something that is not Aero compatiable is launching when your profile loads. When a program like this loads, Aero will drop back to Vista basic scheme. My guess would be that this progam is quietly crashing, which would explain why the theme isn't changing back and you are able to turn Aero back on.

I would suggest taking a close look at what runs on startup using either Software Explorer or msconfig.exe (enter into Start menu search, press enter). Start by selectively turning off things that your not sure of until you find the culprit. If your not sure what something is, search for it online first before disabling it.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:24 PM