Claims Rules for Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Currently we are using ADFS 3.0 in our environment. Now we have moved to office 365 and setup Single sign on. We also want to configure Claim rules for office 365 users. I have gone through blogs and configured the Claims rules as given in blogs. But none of my rules seems to work.

Just want to know is it mandatory to install IIS server to make rules work? As of now we haven't configured IIS on ADFS proxy server as we are using it as reverse proxy for Lync 2010. 

Any suggestions

Thursday, March 10, 2016 11:46 AM

Answers

• ADFS on Windows Server 2012 R2 does not use nor require IIS.

The supported claims rules for Office 365 are described here:

But you can also configure some level of conditional access directly in Office 365 and/or if you have Intune, you can also configure this at this level:

If you need assistance on a specific rule, please share some examples with us!

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by Satyam_G Monday, March 21, 2016 9:20 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 1:22 AM

All replies

• ADFS on Windows Server 2012 R2 does not use nor require IIS.

The supported claims rules for Office 365 are described here:

But you can also configure some level of conditional access directly in Office 365 and/or if you have Intune, you can also configure this at this level:

If you need assistance on a specific rule, please share some examples with us!

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Marked as answer by Satyam_G Monday, March 21, 2016 9:20 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 1:22 AM
  • Hi Pierre,

I have configured the Claims Rules according to what given in article bur rules doesn't seems to work.

Thanks Satyam Gupta

Saturday, March 12, 2016 4:33 AM
  • Which rules, they are 4 different possibilities.

Can you give more details on the scenario and what are the different rules you created. Thanks!

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:16 PM
  • Hi Pierre,

I have created rules blocking all external access to only a group of users or else everything is opened for everybody else.

Now i have a question is it possible to block only OD4B through ADFS rest all other office 365 services should be working ?

Thanks Satyam Gupta

Monday, March 21, 2016 5:19 PM
  • Please, start a new thread for this question.

Also, think about adding all scenario that you want to work and all that you want to block. And more importantly, why you want so, what is the risk you are trying to address.

Thanks!

Monday, March 21, 2016 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

rules seem working. in my case the requirement is to append below two IP Ranges.

19.168.0.0/16

10.1.25.0/24

how can I set the expressions?

please help anyone who knows the exact pattern....

Rizmi

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 2:34 AM
  • Hi Rizmi,

You can create your expression by clicking on below link.

www.analysticsmarket.com/freetools/ipregex

Thanks Satyam Gupta

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:42 AM