none
Last connect missing from "Manage Users" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using the "Last Connect" column within the Security - Manage Users PWA Setting to keep track of all our users, seeing the last time a user has logged into the system.  I'm finding it as a useful marker to approach users whether they still require access if they are no longer logging in.

Sometime within the last 2 weeks, the viewing screen has changed and no longer contains the "last connect" field?

Currently, I can see "User Name / Email address / User Logon Account / State / RBS"

Previously, after the RBS column, there was a "Last Connect" column.

I've looked in the views, and cant find where I can control this view, so unsure how or why it has suddenly changed?  Any ideas?

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Pete

Thursday, June 2, 2016 12:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Indeed we noticed the same a few days ago and reported it to the Project group at Microsoft. They actually removed it due to performance issues but will deploy it back. We have no target date for that.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by PGJustice Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:47 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Indeed we noticed the same a few days ago and reported it to the Project group at Microsoft. They actually removed it due to performance issues but will deploy it back. We have no target date for that.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by PGJustice Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:47 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:14 AM
  • OK, thanks for that Guillaume.

Pete

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:47 PM
  • Desperately need this back.  Is there an alternative to getting this per PWA via another means?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

Friday, June 3, 2016 12:12 AM
  • Hi,

Hope this helps,

I'm also having similar problems, have Microsoft got a target date set yet?  If not, is there an alternative way to determine this in the meantime?
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:38 PM
  • I have been frustrated about the disappearance of this feature and am dubious as to the rationale for its removal.

I found a Blog article by Brian Smith that offers a solution - I have implemented the solution but my Audit Report is showing no results a couple of days after the WebPart was added to a page that should have some regular visitors.

I am struggling to understand how simply dropping in the Search Driven Content - Recommended Items web part into a page will generate any data, I would have thought that the web part would have to be edited in some way to generate data in the reports.

Has anyone else tried this solution and achieved better results than me?

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:56 AM
  • I get this error message when trying to run a report -

Sorry, something went wrong

This report contains no data. Please ensure data for this report is being captured by the current audit settings. It may also take some time after audit settings are changed for events to surface here.

The Blog article didn't mention any specific set up for the Web Part.

Whilst my audit reports don't appear to be working my Site Collection Analytics reporting is available and working

https://*******/pwa/_layouts/15/Reporting.aspx?Category=AnalyticsSiteCollection

What is the difference between Usage and Audit reporting?

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:36 AM