none
Host Multiple Domains with one computer using folders

Question

• Hi I have several domain names: like 22..

I recently upgraded my super desktop specs and installed windows server 2016, is it possible to host 22 different websites on one computer using a method where I create several folders and link the domain names to those folders?

I currently only have one main domain running with active directory, dhcp and dns set up well using IIS, is there a way I could just add another name server to translate the other domain names to point to the folder?

Monday, May 1, 2017 9:05 PM

All replies

• I recently upgraded my super desktop specs and installed windows server 2016, is it possible to host 22 different websites on one computer using a method where I create several folders and link the domain names to those folders?

The answer is yes. You can create separate IIS sites and have a separate domain name for each one of them. For more details, consider asking them here: https://forums.iis.net/

I currently only have one main domain running with active directory, dhcp and dns set up well using IIS, is there a way I could just add another name server to translate the other domain names to point to the folder?

It is all about DNS configuration. For the different DNS names you would like to have, you need to create the needed DNS records in the respective DNS zones and make them point to your server.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, May 1, 2017 10:14 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:24 AM