Problem with copying files into C"\users\my name\My Backup Files in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have new Windows 7 PC. I understand paths and folders. I copied the following folder  C:\Documents and Settings\Dianne\My Documents\Backup Files from my old PC to C:\Users\Dianne\Documents\Backup Files on my new PC.  I created the folder "Backup Files". No problem here. Then I saw that in Windows 7 there was a folder (assume it is part of the Windows 7 installation and setup) C:\Users\Dianne\My Backup Files. Not really sure what it's for but it was empty and I thought it would be a good place to store some backup stuff. So I went to copy the files from C:\Users\Dianne\Documents\Backup Files to  C:\Users\Dianne\My Backup Files.

I copies via 2 explorer windows - right click/copy and right click/paste. The files pasted immediately and a "Copy File" window opened up as follows:

"There is already a file with the same name in this location. Click the file you want to keep" Copy and Replace       Don't Copy   Copy but keep both files

Do this for all conflicts    Skip     Cancel

This makes no sense to me. I just clicked cancel but would like to know what is happening. I've only been using windows 7 for about 10 days but think this has happened before. I have a screen print in Word doc.

Thanks.

Friday, October 29, 2010 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To analyze this issue better, please upload the picture on the phenomena to Windows Live SkyDrive and share the link for us:

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by jorvar Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:47 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:28 PM