Outlook Primary changed by Microsoft Support now won't change back RRS feed

• Question

• On Sunday last (it's Friday evening now), during a remote access support session with Microsoft Answer Desk, the operative Harvey R changed my primary without asking and too quickly for me to stop him He then changed it again - but not to the right one. I now can't change it back and having the wrong primary has broken my sync with OneDrive, Outlook desktop, other PC and my Windows Phone. Every support route I have taken has failed - they don't respond, call back or even read the case.

The last interaction had someone from Answer Desk say "Microsoft don't have escalation".

Can anyone help me get access to someone in Microsoft who knows how to remove the block which prevents primary being changed? It has ruined my working week so far.

Thanks, Mike

Friday, February 3, 2017 9:34 PM

All replies

• Today, I had some more inane support emails so I tried the chat again. First there was 40 minutes while Corina V got things wrong during interminable "please give me 2 - 3 minutes to review" and then asking a question which showed she hadn't reviewed the supplied info. Ach. Then I managed to get a supervisor, Jan, but only when I asked for an official complaint route. The only ID he would give was All I can say is we are from Manila, Philippines.

Then after 1 h 33 mins with a Tier 2, he took a bunch of logs and said it was

Bug 13686:Outlook.com email and calendar not syncing properly to Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013 for Windows
    -      Need more data for to investigate the case

I don't think he's right - I think it is the primary being wrong.

Does anyone know the relevance of this bug?

Saturday, February 4, 2017 6:53 PM
  • Hi,

>> I now can't change it back and having the wrong primary has broken my sync with OneDrive, Outlook desktop, other PC and my Windows Phone.

What's the details about the primary email account in your issue? The account name or email address in Outlook 2013/Outlook 2016 File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Email tab? Or the primary alias of one Microsoft Outlook.com account?

If it is related to Outlook.com account, please go to the Outlook.com webmail page in browser, change the Primary Alias by the following steps:

1. Sign in to the Microsoft account website.

2. Select Your info.

3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.

4. Select Make primary next to the alias you want as your primary.

If you still have issue with changing Primary Alias for Outlook.com account, we can ask for help in Outlook.com forum for more suggestion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oaccount

If the issue is related to the Primary account in Outlook 2013, please File > Account Settings > Account Settings > Email tab, select the account which you want to set as default, click Set as Default. Or create a new Outlook Profile and reconfigure your email account to have a try.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue?

I'm just following up to see if there is anything I can help. If anything is unclear with the previous information I've provided to you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

If there is no problem, please mark an answer or answers so we can close off this thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:41 AM