'Suppress Caller ID' for Skype for Business Route not applying RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running an on-premise Skype for Business 2015 Enterprise platform and have been using it successfully for the past 2yrs without any real issues.  It was recently patched to the latest level.
    It consists of 3 FE servers in a pool, 2 MED servers in a pool and 2 EDGE servers in a pool.
    There are no replication issues or errors in the Event Logs.

We've got in place a number of Voice Policies that are used simply to suppress the caller ID of the user(s) assigned to that caller ID; they still route out via the same SIP Trunks.

When setting the Suppress Caller ID, it only seems to work when using a number they have in their range in the GAMMA portal; if I use a number they have in GAMMA INBOUND for e.g. (or even just a random number), it will not display it. Instead it displays the first number in their available range in the GAMMA portal.

We have access to another 2 SfB 2015 platforms which are near identical, and I can create a test voice policy and route which mimics the one I cannot get to work and it successfully displays whatever number i give it, even if it's a made up number. (for test purposes)

When using call logger to analyse it, it does show that it is coming from that made up number...

Should the 'Suppress Caller ID' function be able to simply display whatever number you give it or are there other routing factors that can stop this from working?

Thanks all!

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Jonathan,

Are you are trying to send out a different number than what is on the Gamma SIP Trunks?

If so, within the Gamma admin portal and the particular SIP trunk in question. Have you turned on CLI Flexibility? This allows you to send out a CLI which isn't in that range.

Presumably, you're setting the alternate ID in the Voice Routing> Route section of the control panel.

Have you also tested it via Trunk Configuration>Calling number translation rules on an individual number basis?

For example, Pattern to match would be (This would be the direct line of the user making the outbound call (with ext)

^\+44123456789(\d*)(;ext=\d{4})?$      

with the Translation rule being to send out an 03330 number instead

+443330123456$1

If Call Logger is seeing the "made up" number go out, I would look at the Gamma Portal first and check you have CLI flexibility. You can also ask Gamma what they are seeing when you are making an outbound call.

Good luck.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> If I use a number they have in GAMMA INBOUND for e.g. (or even just a random number), it will not display it. 

Please kindly note SFB only provides the way to manipulate the caller ID for outbound PSTN calls, and you can’t suppress caller ID for Inbound calls and between internal users. 

And here is a similar case for reference: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2576c49-1fcf-4472-8bec-d738d0134571/suppress-caller-id-on-lync-server-2013?forum=ocsvoice

By the way, here you will find all the caller ID policy settings could be applied in your organization.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:04 AM
  • Hi Calvin,

Thanks for the response; my comment about GAMMA INBOUND may have been slightly misleading; this is not for inbound calls, it is for outbound calls only.

No matter what number I use, the outgoing caller ID is not updated (unless I use a number that they own in GAMMA).

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hi Jonathan,

Are you are trying to send out a different number than what is on the Gamma SIP Trunks?

If so, within the Gamma admin portal and the particular SIP trunk in question. Have you turned on CLI Flexibility? This allows you to send out a CLI which isn't in that range.

Presumably, you're setting the alternate ID in the Voice Routing> Route section of the control panel.

Have you also tested it via Trunk Configuration>Calling number translation rules on an individual number basis?

For example, Pattern to match would be (This would be the direct line of the user making the outbound call (with ext)

^\+44123456789(\d*)(;ext=\d{4})?$      

with the Translation rule being to send out an 03330 number instead

+443330123456$1

If Call Logger is seeing the "made up" number go out, I would look at the Gamma Portal first and check you have CLI flexibility. You can also ask Gamma what they are seeing when you are making an outbound call.

Good luck.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hi K_S_C,

Thank you SO much; enabling CLI Flexibility in the GAMMA portal did the trick.

Really appreciate it.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:49 PM
  • No problem. Been there myself

One for us English Gamma users!

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:54 PM
  • Hi both,

Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 1:33 AM