none
do not have access to admin account

Question

• I never set up any sort of password that I am aware of for admin access on my Dell laptop. I am trying to download a desktop version of software for work and it requires admin access. I do not know the password and it does not recognize my typical ones. I tried to switch the user to me as the admin but the system would not allow it. I need this software for work. Ideas or thoughts? This is not the first time this has happened - it blocks me from deleting folders and the like, as well. How can I not be the admin for a single user system? Ugh. No idea what I am doing here. Thanks.
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    What system are you using for your computer? Is your computer joined to domain?
    And you could check if UNC is enabled on your computer.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:58 AM