Cannot delete attachments from 1 instances of a recurring event RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My company is using Outlook 2007 connecting to Exchange server.

We found that when we removed the attachment from 1 occurance of a recurring meeting event and then send update, it shown the update was sucessful. But when we open the updated calendar entry, the attachment remains in the occurance. Can anyone explain or resolve this issue? Many thanks!

Micro

Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:48 AM

Answers

• You could remove the occurrence you want to change, then add it back without the attachment.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by Micro1984 Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:32 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:22 PM

All replies

• As I understand it, changing one occurrence separates that occurrence from the recurring event, and it becomes a separate entity.  So, you have two entities:

1.  Original recurring meeting with attachment, and

2. Individual meeting with no attachment.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by Ed CrowleyMVP Friday, September 17, 2010 12:33 AM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 12:33 AM
  • No, it is not true for my case. The the occurence that I wanted the attachment to be removed from remains a recurring event. In fact, I can "ADD" another attachment to this single occurance ony, but when I was trying to "delete" ALL the attached file, the final result is, there is still at least 1 file left.

Friday, September 17, 2010 2:23 AM
  • Have you tried editing the recurring event instead of a single instance?
    Friday, September 17, 2010 2:58 PM
  • Yes, when I removed the attachment for the recurring event, the attachments from all instances were removed. But that is not what I want. I only want to withdraw the files from specific instances.

I would like to know if it is a normal result for recurring meetings. But I found it strange when I can Add, Update but cannot Delete the attachment from a single instance.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:09 AM
  • Can anyone figure it out?
    Monday, September 27, 2010 8:47 AM
  • You could remove the occurrence you want to change, then add it back without the attachment.

• Marked as answer by Micro1984 Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:32 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:22 PM
  • I am using Outlook 2016.

There are 2 attachments in all occurrences of a recurring event. Deleting one attachment from one of the occurrences of the event is not happening. 2 attachments are seen always in that occurrence. Attachment table seen from Outlook spy shows 2 attachments after deleting an attachment.

This issue is not seen with Outlook 2013.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Are you sure that you're connecting in online mode and what you're seeing isn't a stale cache?

Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:07 PM
  • Yes. It's online mode. 

Exchange server is not used here.
    I can see the issue happening with an IMAP account. Without connecting to the server, this issue is seen with the local pst.
    • Edited by NikithaBM Monday, January 18, 2016 6:16 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 6:08 AM
  • Then you are posting in the wrong forum, as this the name of this one is clearly "Previous Versions of Exchange > Exchange Previous Versions - Outlook, OWA, POP, and IMAP Clients".  Therefore, I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:32 PM