none
Reporting Services 2005 Add-in - Grant Database Access 'Report Server' is not setting to Report Server Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Past 2 days, struggling with this problem. Whenever I try to give report server database name for the configuration setting Central Administration -> Application Management -> Reporting Services -> Grant Database Access, the value changes to SharePoint Portal Server machine name automatically. How to configure and set it to Report server database?

Here is the configuration:

1. Web Server: Server1

1. Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
    2. IIS 7.0
    3. Office SharePoint Server 2007 64-bit
    4. Reporting Services 2005 Add-in for SharePoint Technologies 64-bit

2. Database & Report Server: Server2

• Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition 32-bit
    • SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition 32-bit (Database Server, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Integration Services)
    • SQL Server 2005 SP2
    • WSS 3.0 (32-bit) Installed and Configured (Attached to web farm).
    • Reporting Services are configured appropriately in SharePoint Integrated Mode and are accessible as http://Server2.DomainName:8080/ReportServer

Somehow, when I am trying to set Report Server database for Reporting Services, it is default to Server1 even though I change it to Server2 and on prompt giving Domain Service Account (this service account in being used to Install SharePoint, Reporting Services etc).

Let me add couple of more inputs - This report server database option is on Application Management Tab in Central Administration under Reporting Services Section. I did not install SQL Server SP2 on Web Server where SharePoint 2007 is running. Do I need to run it in there too? I un-installed Reporting Services 2005 Add-in for SharePoint Technologies, restarted the server, and then re-installed it. After re-installation, I noticed that values I gave for Report Server URL and 'Set server access' options are retained (pre-filled). So I am wondering where exactly these information/values got stored in the SharePoint_Config. If I change the Report Server Database name in the database directly, would that be helpful? Some pointers will help me. Thanks!

Can somebody help? Thanks!

Sunday, June 6, 2010 11:32 PM

Answers