Issues with Skype for Business Mobile 2016 on Iphone RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to learn these mobile products since IPhone is becoming bigger and more powerful.

I'm using the Skype for Business mobile app on IPhone. My version is 6.17.3.22

I need figuring out how to get more productivity out of this mobile app. I'm trying to open the calendar but I get the iPhone calendar not exchange so I can see any past dates. Was the app designed like this on purpose?

Here are some screenshots to show what I'm seeing.

• Edited by ResidentX10 Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:23 AM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:21 PM

Answers

• Hi ResidentX10,

Did you install the outlook in your iphone?if you install it and SFB integrate with exchange,when you click the “Open Calendar” on SFB mobile app,you will open the Outlook,see the calendar like the following screenshot,you also could find the events in the past.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:05 AM

All replies

• Additional to break up the thread:

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:22 PM
  • Here are my questions just to reiterate...

1. How do I change the calender to see Exchange not Apple's calender?

2. Why can't I see events in the past? I should see hotel books, flight details on November 13th for a trip I took.

Thanks in Advance for your comments.

• Edited by ResidentX10 Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:25 PM
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:24 PM
  • Are you using SFB On-Prem and Exchange On-Prem? Have you configured SFB and Exchange integration yet? 

Ref:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688098.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

• Edited by ThettNaing Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:49 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

Did you install the outlook in your iphone?if you install it and SFB integrate with exchange,when you click the “Open Calendar” on SFB mobile app,you will open the Outlook,see the calendar like the following screenshot,you also could find the events in the past.

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ResidentX10 Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:05 AM
  • My setup is all cloud with Office365. Thanks Leon for your comment. I do not have the Outlook client installed because I'm trying to save space but I have another IPhone and will install both on it.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:26 AM
  • I can't install says needs IOS 10. I'm on 9.0 and limited by Apple.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:18 PM
  • Yes ,Outlook app needs IOS 10 or higher version.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:18 AM
  • Microsoft needs to recompile the app to work with IOS 9.3. to cover all iphones. This is ridiculous. 
    • Edited by ResidentX10 Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:23 PM
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:23 PM
  • Hi residentX10,

Yes ,you could add your idea to Outlook uservoice ,if PG take your advice ,they will give a feedback to you and make a change in the future update.

https://outlook.uservoice.com/

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Friday, December 8, 2017 1:30 AM
  • I'm not doing that. Uservoice isn't really used anymore. It was just PR tool in the early days to sound more open to customer input they have a backlog of feature request now. If they haven't noticed this problem, they aren't going to fix it now.
    Friday, December 8, 2017 11:04 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

I have fill a internal Mobile Work Experience Investigation for this situation,hope it will help you:)

Regards,

Leon Lu

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:33 AM
  • I know everyone wants their apps to work with IPhone 10 so Apple is setting a floor but Outlook is a Microsoft product and should be backwards compatible. This has always been the practice at Microsoft. If not then rollout two versions. Put the 2013 Client back in the store so we can at least do basic schedule management on our phones.
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:14 PM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

I totally agree with you,thanks for your sharing.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:23 AM
  • New problems with this horrible app. It pushed an update to me but no matter how many times I reboot I'm forced to reinstall again. Here are some screenshots:

• Edited by ResidentX10 Sunday, December 24, 2017 5:01 PM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi ,

Could you give me the screenshots again?it seems can not be seen here.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:56 AM
  • the images never loaded. I'll try again tonight. I'm on the road today. 
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:24 PM
  • ok, waitting for your update

Regards,

Leon Lu

Sunday, December 24, 2017 12:38 PM
  • I know your out there. If the photos don't upload today. I'll manually move them off the phone.
    Sunday, December 24, 2017 3:16 PM
  • Finally...I had to uninstall the onedrive app and free up memory. I couldn't even see the photos until both were done and then the images were processed. See above...
    Sunday, December 24, 2017 4:56 PM