none
Windows Explorer crashes (Windows Explorer has stopped working) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have Windows 7 SP1 and I have Windows Explorer that crashes every time I log in to an account. I don't have any additional program that starts at system startup.

Symptoms:

1) When I sign in to an account, I have to wait a long time before the desktop appears.

2) When the desktop is displayed, the applications bar appears to be locked for a few minutes. In fact, the icons on the system tray appear very slowly and if I click on Start, the Start menu will be displayed when the applications bar is unlocked.

3) Sometimes, the "Windows Explorer has stopped working" window is displayed.

Using the sfc /scannow command, I verified that the system is integral.

In Safe Mode I have no problems.

Now, what can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto Balubeto

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:33 AM

Answers

• >>don't have any additional program that starts at system startup.

>> In Safe Mode I have no problems.

If you don’t install third-party software on computer, it should not be a software conflict issue.

Ran MSCONFIG. Disabled all Startups. Also disabled all Services except MS services.

Use Microsoft ScanDisk and Defrag or similar disk utilities can help verify your hard drive is running free of errors while organizing stored data in the most efficient manner possible.

Next, update driver and Windows.

Disconnect to your mapped drives.

Check event log to see what happened on login process.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 6:53 AM

All replies

• Probably, the reason is a third party software.

You could perform a clean boot.

It start Windows with minimal set of startup programs.

Here is the guide for that.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

You may find a program that is the reason for problems.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 6:24 PM
  • >>don't have any additional program that starts at system startup.

>> In Safe Mode I have no problems.

If you don’t install third-party software on computer, it should not be a software conflict issue.

Ran MSCONFIG. Disabled all Startups. Also disabled all Services except MS services.

Use Microsoft ScanDisk and Defrag or similar disk utilities can help verify your hard drive is running free of errors while organizing stored data in the most efficient manner possible.

Next, update driver and Windows.

Disconnect to your mapped drives.

Check event log to see what happened on login process.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 6:53 AM