Windows Media Player 11 kills SIS video card RRS feed

• Question

• Installation of WMP 11 causes my SiS AGP card to crash whenever WMP is used.  The suggested solution on the error message was to update the SIS driver.  Unfortunately SIS no longer exists. 

The options seem to be to either try to get an older version of WMP or try to buy a different graphics card and hope for the best.

I see that there are several similar issues posted in various locations but no real answers.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Friday, December 30, 2011 10:23 PM

Answers

• Windows Media Player 11 requires a Video card with a minimum of 256 MB of RAM or higher and supports DirectX 9.0b or later.  What are the specs for your SiS AGP video?
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:51 AM

All replies

• Windows Media Player 11 requires a Video card with a minimum of 256 MB of RAM or higher and supports DirectX 9.0b or later.  What are the specs for your SiS AGP video?
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:51 AM
  • Well, the problem has gone away.  My 10 year old system died a slow death this week and I am transferring to a new, very clean, HP Windows 7 system. 

I do have a strange issue with Eudora and Win 7 which I will post seperately.

Thanks

Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:45 AM