none
windows remember password function RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

Our end user login windows by ldap account and they usually use remember password function to access remote computer or website. But because the policy let user must change password after 90 days, if their new password is different previous password. Their ldap account will be locked because it try fail more than 5 times. Would it be possible when user change new password, their password in remember password function will also be changed to new? Thanks a lot.

Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:35 PM

All replies

• This only keep passwords and won't sync them with new one, you will need to make change to the account or architecture or write script to remove this and ask user to enter new one.
    Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:04 PM
  • Hi, 

This is a problem related to LDAP Account manager, 

I suggest you go to LDAP account manager official website to get better help. 

They will know better about your issue. 

Best regards. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:45 AM
  • About the lock rule, and 90 days update password, it's rule , not related with account manager.
    Monday, October 14, 2019 12:23 PM
  • Hi,
    Sorry that I misunderstand your question.
    I will do some research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience. If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.
    Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Thanks a lot. Would it be possible to use sso (single sign on ) to reslove it ? Thanks a lot.
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 2:04 PM