none
Error saving from PWA when updating Custom fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Project 2007 SP2 Feb 2011 CU.

We are unable to save projects from PWA after making changes to a custom field. The message we receive is simply "Save has an error". In the queue, the error is a bit more specific... See below. This is not happening when 'Basic Information' is updated, just when 'Project Custom Fields' are updated. Any pointers would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Micah

Error summary/areas:
    GeneralQueueException
    GeneralQueueException
    Queue
    GeneralQueueJobFailed
    Error details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <errinfo>
      <general>
        <class name="GeneralQueueException">
          <error id="9131" name="GeneralQueueException" uid="f9275d05-4603-4e87-a3d6-b3c3ded7ebaf" messageID="2" exception="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function 'MSP_SSP_READ_SCHEDULING_DATA' expects parameter '@TASK_LIST', which was not supplied.&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)&#xD;&#xA;   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.DAL.SubDal.ExecuteStoredProcedureDataReader(String storedProcedureName, CommandBehavior commandBehavior, SqlParameter[] parameters)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.DAL.SubDal.ExecuteStoredProcedureDataReader(String storedProcedureName, SqlParameter[] parameters)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.SchedulingDal.ReadNodeConsistencyData(Guid projectUID)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.SchedulingData.LoadData(Boolean isDelete)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.LoadSchedulingData(Boolean isDelete, Int32&amp; revisionCounter)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.HandleProject(ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, ProjectLocks projectLock, Boolean fCheckReadOnly, Boolean fCheckProtectedActuals, Boolean fAllowAddEntRes, Boolean fOptIndexRecalced)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.HandleProject(ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, ProjectLocks projectLock, Boolean fCheckReadOnly, Boolean fCheckProtectedActuals, Boolean fAllowAddEntRes)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.HandleProject(ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, ProjectLocks projectLock)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectQueueDispatch.HandleProject(MessageContext mContext, ProjectMain project, ServerEventManager sem, ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, ProjectLocks projectLock)&#xD;&#xA;   at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectQueueDispatch.InternalDispatchMessage(PlatformContext context, Message msg, Group messageGroup, JobTicket jobTicket, MessageContext mContext)" />
        </class>
        <class name="Queue">
          <error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="ae92e10b-ba7e-4161-805d-938c0c7bb795" JobUID="b166d1ad-e128-46c4-9b0b-f0afd4a1ae82" ComputerName="VERDI" GroupType="ProjectUpdate" MessageType="" MessageId="" Stage="" />
        </class>
      </general>
    </errinfo>

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi eMicah,

this sounds very strange in my understanding, because MSP_SSP_READ_SCHEDULING_DATA is a stored procedure that expects an unique parameter: @PROJ_UID and not a @TASK_LIST parameter.

So, have you some Project custom field calculated with formula ?

Have you any "blank" task in your schedule?

I hope this can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

Monday, November 21, 2011 7:11 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply Paolo.

This is not specific to one project. So the blank task is not the issue. I checked with the two other departments that use project server, and they are seeing the same behavior. We do have some calculated project fields, but the are not the same across instances, so I don't think this is the issue.

I am feeling like it has something to do with the server that supports all instances. Just do not understand what would cause something like this.

Thanks

Micah

Monday, November 21, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Hi eMicah,

i'm sorry, i wrongly read your environemnt. In PS2010 this stored accept only one parameter. In PS2007, this stored procedure need more than one parameter and, also, @TASK_LIST.

In my opinion, what you can see in your queue error detail is a side effect of some other sort of error happens before. Have you check in ULS log?

I think that something get error before of that stored procedure - i.e. something that get TASK_LIST parameter.

I hope this can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

Monday, November 21, 2011 8:25 PM
  • Just wondering if the OP ever found a resolution to the problem?

We're having the exact same problem with our PWA.

It used to work and then just stopped and started throwing the above error (only when updating custom fields). There was nothing we could correlate in terms of causation.

My next stop to is to open a PSS case.

Friday, January 13, 2012 12:09 AM
  • Hi there,

Did you try running the SQl server profiler & see if that calls MSP_SSP_READ_SCHEDULING_DATA  proc & gets the @Task_List parameter?

This doesn't seem to be a common issue, I would suggest to contact Microsoft premier support for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Friday, January 13, 2012 8:52 AM
  • We opened a ticket with MS. They said the fix for this was in Aug 2011 CU. We went with the Oct 2011 CU and do not see the issue anymore... Be wary of the excel copy and paste issue with Oct CU... http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/thread/c0ab0603-1f42-4798-88f9-09686dbe5204

Micah

• Marked as answer by eMicah Friday, January 13, 2012 2:09 PM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

October 2011 CU installed and yet the customer sees this error in the queue and the job does not complete succesfully.

ERROR: 'MSP_SSP_READ_SCHEDULING_DATA' expects parameter '@TASK_LIST', which was not supplied.  Any further info will be appreciated.Thanks.

Friday, February 3, 2012 1:33 PM