firewall ports RRS feed

• Question

• HI all,

i have basic questation about opened ports in the Teams client. In the admin centre is defined ports 50000-50059. This ports is UDP or TCP ? this ports is automatically added to windows firewall rule to incoming rule ? which ports we must permit in windows firewall ?

thanx

Falcon

• Edited by Marek G_ Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:22 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Marek G!

Based on my investigation, 50000-50059 is UDP and TCP. This port range you can configure in the admin portal are the ports on the client side, and this is not relevant for your firewall configuration (unless you are creating rules not only on destination port but source port as well).

If you want to know detailed list of the URLs, IP addresses, ports, and protocols that must be correctly configured for Teams, you can refer to the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges#skype-for-business-online-and-microsoft-teams

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:33 AM
  • thank you, but this ports i must opened in inbound rule in destination computer ? i try call in teams and the destination computer blocked incoming communication. 

Falcon

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:49 PM
  • Hi Marek G!

Yes, you can!

Additionally, the following ports must be open in the external firewall.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 3, 2020 10:08 AM
  • Hi,
    I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer to close the thread, it will help others who encounter the same issue and read this thread.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:28 AM