how to get a list of only active user's My sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a task assigned to me. We have more than 15,000 users and we have almost 10,000 user's my site in MOSS 2007. What I'm trying to do is to get a list of all the active's users my site only.

I have already ask for the security to give a list of all the active user's id and name. but i can not match those id with the my site collections manually to get a list of only active user's My sites (because of large number of my site colection).

Can anyone give me some idea that what would be the easiest way to achiev this?

Thanks for your help in advance,

• Moved by Kris Wagner - MVPModerator Friday, August 12, 2011 1:15 AM MOSS Question posted in SharePoint 2010 (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 12, 2011 6:25 AM MySite = Social Computing forum. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:23 PM

Answers

• Here's what I would do:

Gather the list of active users and put them into excel.  Manipulate the usernames to be 'personal/username' surrounded by single quotes followed by a comma.

E.g.:

'personal/user1',

'personal/user2',

'personal/user3',

'personal/lastuser'

etc. (no comma on the last user).

Go to the SQL Server Management Studio:

run this query on the appropriate MySite host DB:

select fullurl from webs where fullurl in (

'personal/user1',

'personal/user2',

'personal/user3',

'personal/lastuser')

If your MySites had the domain conflict resolution which makes the fullurl path look like personal/domain_user, you'll have to adjust your query accordingly.  I hope that helps.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:05 PM

All replies

• Here's what I would do:

Gather the list of active users and put them into excel.  Manipulate the usernames to be 'personal/username' surrounded by single quotes followed by a comma.

E.g.:

'personal/user1',

'personal/user2',

'personal/user3',

'personal/lastuser'

etc. (no comma on the last user).

Go to the SQL Server Management Studio:

run this query on the appropriate MySite host DB:

select fullurl from webs where fullurl in (

'personal/user1',

'personal/user2',

'personal/user3',

'personal/lastuser')

If your MySites had the domain conflict resolution which makes the fullurl path look like personal/domain_user, you'll have to adjust your query accordingly.  I hope that helps.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:05 PM
  • Thanks a lot. your thoughts worked for me. Thanks again.

One more questions,

I already got the list of all existing my sties with the help of stsadm -o enumallwebs. The out put is in xml. I got the all the user id's and I need to remove all the my sites for this id's as well. So how do i extract  thiese bad my sites from the list of all my sites which is xml. I would like to get the out in xml again so i can just remove those bad my sites.

In short, i need to fetch the my sites by user id in the xml file and put those in anothe xml. So do anyone can tell me how to extract data from the xml and put it in another xml?

Thanks,

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:23 PM
  • HI,

The mysite URLs follow a general pattern and  it is related t the ID of the user.

For example take a URL from your site you will be able to locate the ID of the user in URL so if you replace that ID with the ID of other user it will be the mysite URL of that user.

In this way it will work for you.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:11 AM