none
Journaling mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i create journal rule for user test . The backup mailbox is backuptest . And questation . If I send from user test mail with delivery report and 1mb attachment to 3 person , the send mail in the backup mailbox is 1mb size , but delivery report mail in the backup mailbox is 3MB size ...it store every send mail and delivery to one mail ?

thanx

Falcon

Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:00 PM

Answers

• There is no single instance storage and the report will actually hold the original message.

Regards, Vik Singh "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

• Marked as answer by Marek G_ Friday, July 18, 2014 6:03 PM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Falcon,

Journal messages will be sent to journal mailbox for each mail when it is generated and touched to hub transport server so in your case when you sent a mail from test user with 1mb attachment to 3 recipients (with read receipt) it will be sent only once when it was generated from test user. Now when it reaches to 3 recipients, all recipient send back read receipt which are generated from each recipients so each read receipt will be journaled so that's why 3...

Understanding Journal Reports

Blog | Get Your Exchange Powershell Tip of the Day from here

Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:39 PM
  • it is ok , but why the message is 3 mb ? the delivery is some kb , not whole message ....

Falcon

Friday, July 18, 2014 5:28 AM
  • There is no single instance storage and the report will actually hold the original message.

Regards, Vik Singh "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

• Marked as answer by Marek G_ Friday, July 18, 2014 6:03 PM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 9:29 AM
  • but is shade that all 3 messages is in the one message , which i cannot expand

Falcon

Friday, July 18, 2014 6:04 PM