none
Open MAP failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, all

I have installed MAP4.0 RTM and Microsoft SQL server 2008. When I try to open the MAP, sometimes it will fail with the error message " Connection failed with SQL....".
    This case happens from time to time. Under this condition, I repair the MAP installation , and then open MAP, the problem will be sloved. Can not see what is wrong with this. Any suggestion?
    Friday, July 31, 2009 6:50 AM

All replies

• When you get the connection failure message, what is the state of the Micosoft SQL Server (MAPS) service?  Is it running?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:53 PM
  • Jay, how can I judge whether the Micosoft SQL Server (MAPS) service is active or not. If the Micosoft SQL Server (MAPS) service is stopped, how to restart it? Thank you!
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:02 AM
  • You can look in the Services control panel applet under Control Panel --> Administrative tools, then find "SQL Server (MAPS)" in the list of running services.  The state (Running, Paused, Stopped, Disabled, Manual) will show up in that list.

To start it, you can right click on that item in the list of services then select "Start".

Alternatively, you can go to an elevated command prompt and issue "net start MSSQL$MAPS"

Thanks,
    Jay
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:10 PM