Question about App/Desktop Sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i have a doubt. I´m looking for internet but i dont understand.

We have a Internal Lync 2013 pool. and 1 edge server  (with public San Certificate.)

When an internal user share App/Desktop to an external user (Internet user) , it uses peer to peer communication between clients or is the Edge Server who manage "the sharing"?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, February 6, 2015 8:26 PM

Answers

• It's through the Edge.  Jeff's write-up is worth a read here: http://blog.schertz.name/2012/10/lync-edge-stun-turn/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eric_YangK Monday, February 9, 2015 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric_YangK Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:10 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2015 8:44 PM
  • Hi Sebastian87,

Yes, the traffic is through the Edge Server.

Have a look at the following diagram.

Best regards,

Eric

Monday, February 9, 2015 7:56 AM
  • You'll want TCP/443 and UDP/3478 from internal clients to the edge server's internal IP.  Make sure that internal workstations can resolve the edge pool name as well since it may not be in DNS if it's not a domain member.

From the Internet to the A/V Edge, make sure TCP/443, UDP/3478 and TCP and UDP ports 50,000 to 59,999 are open.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Sebastian87 Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:08 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 4:44 PM

All replies

• It's through the Edge.  Jeff's write-up is worth a read here: http://blog.schertz.name/2012/10/lync-edge-stun-turn/

• Proposed as answer by Eric_YangK Monday, February 9, 2015 6:13 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2015 8:44 PM
  • Hi Sebastian87,

Yes, the traffic is through the Edge Server.

Have a look at the following diagram.

Best regards,

Eric

Monday, February 9, 2015 7:56 AM
  • ok, thanks, 

And what ports need to be open in the firewall to allow the EDGE the correct desktop/app sharing between internal clients (LAN clients) and internet users?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:52 PM
  • You'll want TCP/443 and UDP/3478 from internal clients to the edge server's internal IP.  Make sure that internal workstations can resolve the edge pool name as well since it may not be in DNS if it's not a domain member.

From the Internet to the A/V Edge, make sure TCP/443, UDP/3478 and TCP and UDP ports 50,000 to 59,999 are open.

• Marked as answer by Sebastian87 Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:08 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 4:44 PM
  • Thanks for all replies
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 6:08 PM