BSOD Error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've never had any problems with my Dell Laptop, it's 3 months old and the bluescreen error never occured.

But then, I Installed Registery Mechanic ( From www.pctools.com ) together with Spyware Docter. Now Spyware Docter was the first to be installed and everything was fine and I had both these programs on my computer as on my last laptop but then on Windows Vista - XP and I've never had an error.

I did some research and found that the Registery Mechanic could screw up something in the system because it 'guessed' wich keys in your registry were bad and to be removed or something. Anyway that made me uninstall the program again.

But still I am getting bluescreen errors, btw I had the first bluescreen after the first scan from registery mechanic, I got my minidump.dmp files but I didn't really figure out how to upload them in here.. ( I am also running the sfc /scannow command in cmd right now. If I can get someresults I'll post them later on. )

Some information about my laptop:

(Only thing is it is written in dutch, I don't know if there is an online help desk (forum?) in dutch so I just posted it here)

Onderdeel Details Score Basisscore
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz 7,1
      Bepaald door laagste score
    Geheugen (RAM) 4,00 GB 5,9
    Grafisch NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M 6,8
    Grafische weergave voor spellen 4095 MB totale hoeveelheid grafisch geheugen 6,8
    Primaire harde schijf 396GB beschikbaar (451GB totaal) 5,9
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Systeem  
      Fabrikant Dell Inc.
      Model XPS L701X
      Totale hoeveelheid systeemgeheugen 4,00 GB RAM
      Type computer 64-bits besturingssysteem
      Aantal processorcores 4
    Opslag  
      Totale grootte van harde schijf/schijven 917 GB
      Schijfpartitie (C:) 396 GB beschikbaar (451 GB totaal)
      Schijfpartitie (D:) 466 GB beschikbaar (466 GB totaal)
      Mediastation (E:) Cd/Dvd
    Grafische weergave  
      Type beeldschermadapter NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M
      Totaal beschikbaar grafisch geheugen 4095 MB
            Toegewezen grafisch geheugen 3072 MB
            Toegewezen systeemgeheugen 0 MB
            Gedeeld systeemgeheugen 1023 MB
      Versie van beeldschermadapterstuurprogramma 8.17.12.5939
      Resolutie van hoofdbeeldscherm 1600x900
      DirectX-versie DirectX 10
    Netwerk  
      Netwerkadapter Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
      Netwerkadapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

In fact, it is not recommended to use registry cleaner software in Windows 7, which may lead to unexpected issues.

Currently, if SFC process cannot fix your issue, try system restore to get back to a previous time point which you did not have BSOD.

Also, you could upload your dump files in this post, maybe we can find some clues about your issue:

Upload to SkyDrive.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Hey Alex,

okay so thanks for pointing that out :p

SFC didn't bring up anything negative, everything was fine. I tried to put my system back to a previous time but somehow I got no backup points so that is useless.

I uploaded the dump files, heres the link: http://cid-cb4b516fff87d01d.office.live.com/self.aspx/BSOD%20Error%20information/Dmp%20Minidump%20Files%20BSOD%c2%b4s.zip

I hope someone can tell me what to do now :)

thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Ok so I found something, I don't know if this may help or is completly useless.

Anyway after I ran the first scan from Registry Mechanic, wich pretty much ruined my system, the bsod would occur when running skype, at least when I called someone. It happend several times and I reinstalled skype but it didn't work out. Anyway I had one/two regular bsods aswell so it can't be the main cause right?

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:29 PM
  • Hi,

Based on the analyzing of minidump files, it indicates that the error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUA:

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at aninterrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses.

And there is a message: Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.

Currently, I would like to suggest you install the following hotfix to check the result:

Using two Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) drivers causes a computer to crash when the computer is running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008

If this issue persists, to fix this corrupt issue, you can try the in-place upgrade:

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, April 25, 2011 8:22 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 10:24 AM